Friday, January 04, 2008

New Years Resolutions

So I should probably make some resolutions. In the past I have frowned on this tradition because it seemed to impart some magical power to the changing of a calendar page and it inevitably led to depressing amounts of disappointment at my inability to follow through with whatever it is I resolved to do or not do. In an effort to avoid being stubborn and lazy and instead be more disciplined and responsible, I hereby declare the following five items to be my resolutions for 2008.

1. Exercise everyday.
This means everyday as in at least a half hour of something exercise oriented everyday. Maybe more.

2. Clean up after myself.
My car, my desk, my floor, my face, my dishes, the list goes on and on and on.

3. Make plans in advance.
I want to do things that will actually be great instead of being surprised when moderately good things happen out of nowhere. This also includes saving money for good stuff instead of wasting it on junk.

4. Drink less beer and eat less junk.
This is how people get fat and out of shape. I don't want to be those.

5. Read a lot more.
This is limited to books. This does not include the internet, magazines, newspapers, pamphlets, tracts, student work or random scraps of paper that I seem to accumulate, hoping to find something important within.

These may seem like nebulous resolutions, but I think that they are good and I will strive to see them through to, ummmm, errrr, completion? Do these have an end? We'll see.

2 comments:

Seriously said...

i second each. lake runs?

amber said...

nice ryan!