Friday, March 10, 2006

Kormex!!

So I realize that I love America. A lot. Like a lot a lot. At times, psychotically so. I think that I don't want to watch the Olympics because deep down I believe that the US has already won every event and there is no need to actually see any of them. I don't even check the medal count. It's something like US= 50,000; Others= 0, right?

All this to say, my naive patriotism has landed me in a shitty situation. I bought two tickets to the WBC on Sunday assuming that the US would be the pool B winner. How the fuck was I supposed to know that Canada of all places would beat us? Dammit!

So now, by some strange sacred astral geometry, I am stuck watching Mexico play Korea!

Let's see, US beats Mexico, Canada beats US, Mexico beats Canada, everyone beats South Africa. I don't get it. Shouldn't there be some sort of play off game between the US and Mexico? Crap.

All that to say, at least we'll be watching some great baseball played by two nationalities that, at least in my neighborhood, hate each other's guts.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

that's what you get for being a fascist.

actually, you probably jinxed the u.s. team with your fascism.

thanks a lot, fascist.