Sunday, February 12, 2006

So I haven't been talking for the past two days. As you can probably imagine, this has been driving me insane. The strange thing to me is noticing how often other people are talking. I have been watching some tv shows and I get really anxious watching the characters talk to each other. For some reason I seem to feel that they are also not allowed to talk and will be ruining their voices if they do. Weird.

Now I have occasionally slipped up. Jen will ask me a question and I will just go ahead and answer her. Not talking is a very conscious effort.

Yesterday we went to Ikea, which I would normally hate. I did hate Ikea, but recently a trip there has taken on new meaning. There is now a Chipotle restaurant near by. So I tested to see if I would rather eat a burrito than talk. Turns out while a burrito definitely improves the situation, it is definitely no substitute for talking. So I have discovered a scenario in which I would actually not rather be eating a burrito. It was a really good burrito too.

Last night we went out for Pat's birthday. It was lots of fun. We started at his house then hit the Red Lion, then crossed the street to Cha Cha. I found that since I wasn't spending my time talking, I had a lot more time to drink. And I got very drunk. Which was ok. It made my pantomimed communications all the more entertaining.

3 comments:

Seriously said...

word. would've loved to meet you guys, but we had already fallen asleep.

1) ikea rules. cheap coffee, funny yuppie types, and cheap amazing sweedish meatballs.

2) chipotle rules.

3) so does being not sober.

4) so does having tomorrow off.

Matt Pool said...

The Red Lion rules.

Andrew said...

i can talk all i want, and yet, i rarely do. how do you like that, suckaduck?