Thursday, May 10, 2007

So I have an agent now. Her name's Becca. Yeah.

Becca just got me some strange side work for a guy who needs music to play during a 7 day long photo shoot for Sara Lee.

Yes. That Sara Lee. Snack cakes and ball park hot dogs.

Why do they need my music selecting abilities? Aside from the fact that I rule at picking music (music that I like that is), this photo shoot is about the "Joy of Eating" (what ever happened to the Joy of Cooking? I'm not usually one to gripe about American eating habits, because you can do what you want, but it's strange that the creation of food has given way to the consumption of food. I agree with Jesse. Skippy bars are awesome.) and they need some music to get people pumped up so they can have their picture taken in the throes of joyous rapture that only gobbling down Sara Lee products can bring. How to select such a soundtrack..... a few Weird Al songs come to mind.....

So now, when you're perusing the most current issue of Rachel Ray Today or O (Oprah), you will probably begin to notice images of normal people, like you might see at work or in the store, driven mad with passion as they savor one of their favorite snack treats. Those people were listening to mixes that I made. Weird, right? I have no doubt that the snack cakes are the true cause of their euphoria, but I like to think that I will have helped.

1 comment:

Matt Pool said...

Try sneaking in a track off of Pink... so I can look at pictures of people choking.